WHAT CAUSES BRONCHITISAcute bronchitis is generally caused by lung infections, 90% of which are viral in origin. Repeated attacks of acute bronchitis, which weaken and irritate bronchial airways over time, can result in chronic bronchitis. Industrial pollution is another culprit. Chronic bronchitis is found in higher-than-normal rates among coal miners, grain handlers, and other people who are continually exposed to dust and fumes. The chief cause is heavy, long-term cigarette smoking, which irritates the bronchial tubes and causes them to produce excess mucus. Treatment often includes regular physiotherapy and courses of antibiotics, which in some cases may be long term.
HOW CAN SALT LIFE THERAPY CAN HELPSalt Therapy can not only bring much-needed relief, but also prevent the frequent recurrence of your symptoms. Prescription drugs and inhalers may bring immediate relief, but used as a complementary treatment Salt Therapy has a lasting effect.
- Salt kills bacteria, which is a major element of bronchitis
- Salt Therapy widens the airways by reducing inflammation
- Salt Therapy helps to shift retained mucus and therefore reduces the chance of infection
HOW MANY SESSIONS DO I NEED
- Depending on age and severity, 20-30 sessions are recommended for long term results.
- The sessions should be frequent; about two or three a week is suggested.
Most clients do 1-2 Salt Therapy courses a year. In between they might come back for some top-up sessions. Why not contact our clinic to discuss any questions you may have.