There are 470,000 people with asthma in Ireland, which is approx. 10% of the population. Asthma is a condition that affects the airways – the small tubes that carry air in and out of the lungs. The airways become over-sensitive, which means that they react to things that would normally not cause a problem, such as cold air or dust.
When you come into contact with something that irritates your lungs, your airways narrow, the muscles around them tighten and there is an increase in the production of sticky mucus (phlegm).
SYMPTOMS OF ASTHMA
People with asthma experience symptoms when the airways tighten, inflame, or fill with mucus. Common asthma symptoms include:
- Coughing, especially at night
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness, pain, or pressure
HOW SALT LIFE THERAPY CAN HELP
Salt Therapy can not only bring much-needed relief, but also prevent the frequent recurrence of your symptoms. Prescription drugs and inhalers may bring immediate relief, but used as a complementary treatment Salt Therapy has a lasting effect.
The benefits of Salt Therapy…
- Salt Therapy kills bacteria
- Salt Therapy widens the airways by reducing inflammation
- Salt Therapy helps to shift retained mucus and therefore reduces the chance of infection
HOW MANY SESSIONS DO I NEED
- Depending on age 10-30 sessions are recommended for long term results.
- The sessions should be frequent; about two or three a week is suggested.
Most clients do 1-2 Salt Therapy courses a year. In between they might come back for some top-up sessions.
Most clients do 1-2 Salt Therapy courses a year. In between they might come back for some top-up sessions. Why not contact Glanmire or Grange clinics to discuss any questions you may have.